University of Maryland Physics Education Research Group
University of Maryland Fermi Problems: References
PERG Info |
PERG materials |
PERG HOMEPAGE |
PER on the web |
Resources on the web
Publications about fermi problems.
- John E. Carlson, "Fermi problems on gasoline consumption", The Physics Teacher, Vol. 35, No. 5, May 1997, pp. 308-309.
- David Chandler, "How to split hairs on Fermi questions", The Physics Teacher, Vol. 28, No. 3, March 1990, p. 170.
- M. St. John and Fred Reif, "Teaching physicists' thinking skills in the laboratory", American Journal of Physics, Vol. 47, 1979, p. 950.
- Victor F. Weisskopf, "Search for Simplicity: Mountains, waterwaves, and leaky ceilings", Am. J. Phys., Vol. 54, No. 2, February 1986, pp. 110 -111
- Hans Christian von Baeyer, The Fermi Solution (Random House, NY, 1993).
- Jearl Walker, The Flying Circus of Physics with Answers (John Wiley and Sons, NW, 1977).
Thanks to Rand Harrington for contributions to this site.
To contribute references to this site, send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.