Rules for CMTC Operations - as of 5/10/22
The University of Maryland will continue to require up-to-date vaccination (including a booster when eligible)
against COVID-19 for all on-campus faculty, staff and students. Getting a second booster is not necessary to be considered up-to-date at this time.
Vaccines have proven to be effective in reducing the spread of the virus on our campus over the past year, and will continue to be an important part
of mitigating the risk and the seriousness of COVID-19 in our community.
- If you have previously submitted proof of vaccination, including one booster, you do not need to do anything further.
- All new faculty, staff and students must upload proof of full vaccination, including a booster when eligible, to the UHC portal before reporting to class or work in person. This requirement does not apply if you have been granted a medical or religious exemption; please request an exemption as appropriate.
- If you have been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the last 6 months, this may substitute for one booster shot; please attest to having tested positive.
Effective immediately, all university-related travel will be permitted.
Rules for CMTC Operations - as of 1/08/22
- Please heed all CDC COVID-19 guidance regarding domestic and international travel.
- If you have a medical condition or are taking medication that weakens your immune system, please talk to your healthcare provider before traveling.
You might NOT be fully protected even if you are up-to-date with your COVID-19 vaccines.
Even after vaccination, you may need to continue taking all precautions.
- When traveling internationally, you must also abide by any protocols established by the host country.
- If you have been granted a medical or religious exemption and are not fully vaccinated (including a booster when eligible) and must
travel, please talk to your healthcare provider about your health
risk before traveling and follow all applicable CDC and other guidance as outlined above.
- Please review the University's Travel Memorandum.
Rules for CMTC Reopening - as of 8/13/20
- Every member of our community – faculty, staff and students – will be required to remain up to date with the vaccine mandate by obtaining a mRNA (Pfizer or Moderna) vaccine booster by January 24 or within 14 days of becoming eligible. You may upload your booster information at www.myuhc.umd.edu by clicking on "Enter My COVID-19 Vaccination Information."
- All faculty, staff and students must be tested by a rapid antigen test (including home tests) no more than 48 hours before coming to campus on January 24.
- If you test positive, you may not travel to campus and you must follow all applicable CDC guidance for isolation and testing as well as any additional guidance issued by your state and/or county.
- All community members who remain unvaccinated, including those with medical or religious exemptions, will be required to test twice weekly throughout the spring semester.
- Proper wearing of masks and face-coverings remains one of our most effective methods to reduce transmission. The indoor mask-wearing mandate from Prince George’s County remains in effect, as it was for the fall semester.
- Masks must be worn at all times while indoors, including in all offices, residence halls and dining areas (except while actively eating or drinking).
- KN95 masks are required in all classroom settings and recommended everywhere. Continuing the practice from the fall semester, fully vaccinated instructors may remove their mask to address the class, provided they maintain 6 feet of physical distance from others at all times.
- KN95 masks may be obtained from the information desk at Stamp Student Union.
- Containing the spread of the virus to the greatest extent possible is a shared responsibility for every member of our campus community. Thus, all faculty, staff and students must electronically pledge to abide by all health protocols.
Current Schedule - as of 8/13/20
- Members may come only for half-days at a time to keep the crowd minimum (half-days are 9-1:30 and 1:30-6).
- Kitchen will not re-open in the beginning, we will reevaluate in mid-September.
- Members may use fountains for drinking water.
- Everybody must wear masks in any public place and in their offices if the office door is open (or if they are meeting anyone).
- The only allowed meeting rooms for 3-6 members are the Conference Room (up to 6) and the Break Room (up to 4).
- Only 2 members at a time can meet in the White Board and Black Board Rooms.
- Strict social distancing must be maintained round the clock.
- If members who have not signed up want to come in, they need to inform Rebecca (firstname.lastname@example.org) at least 24 hours ahead of time. The total occupancy of CMTC must not exceed 50% at any time.
- Eating in the office must be kept at a minimum, and members must clean up the offices if they eat there, but it is better if no eating takes place (hence the half-day rules).
- All university regulations regarding Covid-testing etc. must be adhered to by everybody.
- Absolutely no one should come in if they are demonstrating any symptoms, have been exposed to COVID-19, are awaiting a COVID-19 test result, or feel unwell.